Friday, June 2, 2017

Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

It has become clear to me that my current skincare regimen is a bit lacking as I approach my, gulp,  40's.  While relatively wrinkle free, I am now plagued with pregnancy induced sun/age spots that has increased in number with each birth.  As such, it was time to reexamine my repertoire.

1. Oil based cleanser - Hado Labo Cleansing Oil
2. Exfoliant (whenever I remember) - Dermatologica Daily Microfoliant or Olay Pro X brush
3. Moisturizing Toner - Hado Labo Gokujyun Clear Lotion
4. Face Mask (as necessary which is usually when it starts to feel dry) - any brand with Hyaluronaic Acid on sale
4. Moisturizer - Hado Labo Gokujyun Milk

This particular combo was great for summer - moisturizing and lightweight.  I don't particularly like the feeling of "wearing" something on my face and tend to gravitate towards Asian Beauty Products for that reason.  It certainly doesn't hurt that this particular Japanese drugstore brand is significantly cheaper than the department store stuff while being highly effective!

In addition the age spots, I also noticed the skin on my cheeks was drier than my pre-pregnancy days and the skin overall looks a bit lackluster.  My usual go-to's: Exfoliants and Face Masks weren't doing the same magic as they once were.  Hence, its time to dive into the world of Serums and Ampules. 

After a lot of late night researching, I decided to try a Serum with high concentration of Vitamin C (at least 15% for efficacy) and a chemical exfoliant with AHA, and BHA.  Vitamin C is suppose to brighten and the AHA/BHA to remove more dead skin. Also, given the nature of chemical exfoliants,  it also stimulates collagen production, reduce wrinkles, firm skin and brighten! 

Enter Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads.



It meets the criteria of having both AHA and BHA with Vitamin C to boot!  The pads are convenient when shower times are the length of an episode of a kids show.  

Use: Wash face with cleanser. Wipe pad on face and decollage. Wait 30 seconds - 3 minutes. Rinse off. Continue with rest of skincare regimen.

I kept it on for closer to 3 minutes before gently rinsing off.  Have to say - my skin looks brighter and smoother.  May be my imagination (as I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the difference ONE application will make) but my cheeks are a lighter shade.  There was a slight tingle but I am VERY pleased with the results!

I also started using a Vitamin C serum today - will report on that in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recipe - Keto Fresh Orange Cranberry Muffin Recipe

After a VERY long break, we're back!  We're re-dedicating this blog to all mommy related things - minus the bra making track.  Bra m...